Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 24 ~~ A Painting a Day

looking into my backyard Garden Gate, Original Watercolor painting
I try not to just "copy" what I see.
Instead, I look at a photogragh that I think has good composition. Then I make my own interpretation of the subject matter.

This is the 24th day of my "A Painting A Day" series. I will post a "Painting a Day" for the month of April... and YOU will receive a free limited edition watercolor print, just for checking in!! You will be guaranteed a free limited edition print at the end of the month. There is no drawing to see who wins... Everyone WINS!!To Receive your print, Follow these 3 easy steps:1. Follow my Blog2. Comment on at least 5 "Paintings of the Day" during the month of April.3. You may purchase your print of choice from my shop beginning May 1st. I will refund 100% of the cost. All you pay is the shipping!


14 comments:

Margie H said...

That's a very pretty interpretation. :)

Wendy Martin said...

I think this one might be my favorite so far this month. All beautiful!

Laura Trevey said...

If anyone likes "Garden Gate" for a print, let me know, and I will make a listing :)

OliveStreetStudio said...

Really nice. I like the deeper colors. I wish I could paint! :-)

Michelle Brunner said...

I love your interpretation! Beautiful colors!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Beautiful interpretation!

Snug N Luv said...

I love this one!

Goat Gal said...

I really like the fence post shadows of this one. It sings to my heart.

Bigbluebed said...

Lovely. I really like the fence and flowers together.

Dessert Diva said...

I love seeing your inspiration!

danunepthys(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sandy Maudlin said...

YUMMY. What a great painting from a good photo. Love your interpretation a bunch.

PlumValleyDesigns said...

i enjoy all your pictures you have posted this month. I only wish I were as talented as you with a brush!

Rachel said...

How wonderful!!

FrumsGlass said...

I love the dark, rich colors and the composition.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin