Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just for Fun ~~ What is it?

Guess what I used to make the circular shapes?

I had so much fun painting this one!
I placed certain circular objects on the watercolor paper, and then painted with thick color around them. After I pulled the objects off, a day later, I then began painting more layers of color on top.
Can you guess what the circular shapes were that I used?
Hint : A Kitchen item

I will send everyone with the correct answer a 4 pack of notecards of your choosing. 
You have to be a follower :) Purchase the cards through my Etsy shop, and I will refund you 100% minus the shipping :) Giveaway ends Tomorrow 4/17/09 at 12:00pm and winners will be announced!

11 comments:

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

Great painting! I haven't a clue what you used - LOL - frisket? stickers? I'm grasping at straws here!

Love the 'painting a day' for April - good discipline =)
nice blog =)

. said...

Thank you! Your paintings are beautiful. You are so talented!

iheartkiwi said...

the colors are amazing. i wish i was more artistic!

RH Carpenter said...

Since I spent little time in the kitchen, Laura, I'm lost as to what this could be - different sizes so maybe measuring spoons that are not spoon-shaped (that would be a different painting entirely).

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Pots and Pans? Strainers? I don't really care...I just think it is lovely!

Laura Trevey said...

Congrats Elizabeth! The circular shapes are my Pots and Pans !!!
yay ~~~ We have a winner :)

doodypops said...

ANOTHER great color meshing!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Woo-hoo! I selected a beautiful set of cards of one of Laura's gorgeous watercolors and can't wait until they arrive. Thanks so much Laura!

PlumValleyDesigns said...

This is such a great picture! I would have never thought of pots and pans!

Shauna said...

This one is awesome. I would love to see it in-person, too. There's so much detail and stuff to look at, and the colors, again, are terrific. Laura, you are an amazing artist! Can't wait to feature you on my blog!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin